Friday, August 1, 2008

The end is near

So, my time as a nanny is coming to an end......again...
I'm kinda sad about it this summer. Perhaps because the end was supposed to be at the end of August, and now, I have 9 days of work left. I will officially be unemployed on August 15. Someone actually suggested I go back to Esso...

It's been a good few months with the kids. We've had a lot of fun together (I think anyways), and I'm going to miss hanging out with them.

This job definitely has it's challenges...I'm not exactly a high quality entertainer...and now, in light of being done so soon here, I feel as though I'm being challenged. This job is not about me, how I'm feeling, how crazy I think I'm going...it's about loving these kids. I feel challenged to move beyond me, to not try and rush through each game of Crazy Eights Countdown, or Dominos, or making crafts, but to do these for them, to enjoy the games.

I'm thankful to have had a job that I can hang out with kids and play games all day. I can't imagine what I'll be like in the real world...stuck in an office type setting all day??? No games, no bike rides, no Starbucks coffee dates with a 6 year old, no crafts...

Maybe I should just listen to all the people telling Cody and I to have a baby....or on second thought.......

No comments: