Tuesday, May 19, 2009

finally...

I think I have finally reached the place where I am comfortable with my "changing" body. I know it sounds shallow, but I was not comfortable AT ALL with my weight gain. Finally though, you can actually see that I have a baby bump. In the words of my sister-in-law, I've "popped". That sounds a little more aggressive than it is. Essentitally, the baby bump is quite evident. As is the protruding belly button...

I realized today just how ok I am with it all as I was sitting at my desk at work, clearly working hard, watching my belly. No, it doesn't grow at that kind of incredible pace, but I could actually see the baby moving inside. Everynow and then, I'd feel a swift quick to the abs, and see my stomach bulge out a little bit. Kind of a crazy thing to see, but kind of cool too! The quicks are getting stronger and stronger each day.

It's hard to believe that I am more than half way, 25 weeks now, or for those who aren't too quick with math, just about 6 1/2 months. 15 weeks to go. I haven't been feeling the pressure to get everything ready yet...although, I am going to buy a stroller soon with the money from my grandma! WHOO HOO! But as for now, the baby room is the "we have no other place for this crap" room from when we moved. It kinda looks like a baby room, because it does have a cradle in it...

Anyways, I'm in a really happy place now:

* I'm only going to be pregnant for 15 or so more weeks
* My "fat" tummy actually looks like a baby bump
* My baby is healthy and quite active
* My husband is quite tolerant with my pregnancy related antics

Life is good.

No comments: