Sunday, September 30, 2012

Waiting for grace.

It's been a trying few weeks here at the Anderson household. I still haven't been feeling 100%, which I`m sure is causing the bulk of the issues. In other words, I`m slacking off. Dishes pile up, laundry piles up, floors go unswept, beds unmade (wait, I never did that anyways), suppers are lame. By lunch time, I`m spent. I forget how tired you get being pregnant. First time pregos out there, who happen to read this, enjoy the time that you can rest and sleep whenever you want.
I feel mostly bad for my boys though. Mostly. They are being difficult too. I`m sure it`s just me, and my attitude which is the root of it all...but I`m gonna be a suck here, and to be totally honest...I don`t want to take all the blame right now.

Charlie is 3 now. That should explain it all. We`re learning how to discipline him accordingly. He really is a good kid. But like any kid, if he`s tired or hungry, look out! Our biggest issue with him right now is the listening...Sometimes, he legit doesn`t hear us. He`s like his dad that way...so focused on whatever he is doing, the rest of the world is pretty tuned out. But the other times...oh he hears us. Then turns around and does the EXACT THING WE ARE TELLING HIM NOT TO DO. I know all kids do this. I know this is nothing new, that I`m not in some unique situation or anything. But it is so incredibly frustrating! Cue the deep breath and hope that what I say to him does not come out in a loud screaming voice. Deep breath...don`t scream...be calm...AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Jacob is 1. And teething. Again, that should explain it all. I should be loving and comforting to my poor little guy. Thing is...he screams. A high pitched, ear piercing, nose bleed inducing (ok, not that bad) scream. It honestly makes you want to poke your eyeballs out. Literally. Not that I`ve tried it...but I`ve thought about it.

And so there it is...I`m tired. I`m sick. I have headaches. And I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old, whom I love dearly. It`s been a long 13 weeks of pregnancy so far. I`m praying that grace comes soon...that sickness will ease, that teething will stop (for now), that I`d have patience and grace when it comes to parenting Charlie.

No comments: