Tuesday, March 18, 2008

And then reality hits...

And let me tell ya, it hit me hard. Cody can attest to that!

Now, I am fully aware that the wedding is coming up soon...45 days to be exact, but who's counting? :)Everything's coming together relatively stress free...unless you're me...then it's a little bit stressful!

The reality that hit me? I have to leave home. I love my home. I love living in the country, having supper with my crazy family, being in a familiar setting....

I was watching Friends when it happened. Chandler and Monica decided to live together, therefore, Rachel had to move out. She was all packed up and leaving, and her and Monica were all teary eyed and hugging, knowing full well that they would see each other soon...but they wouldn't be living together. Well, I started to BAWL. Nearly hysterical. I tried to hide it, 'cause come on, crying at Friends??? LAME! But I couldn't hold it in.

I'm going to miss living with my family dearly. I know that when I move out this time, it's for good. And yet, I know I'll be back to visit, I know I will see them. But still...I don't want to miss out on all the good stuff! But, like Cody said, I need to move on, so we, together, can create that kind of space for our eventual family (not any time soon Kyra).

I was an emotional disaster that day, and the day after...but I'm okay now. I'm excited to be married, a little excited to live in the city, and really excited to start creating our home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I cried a little that day too. But that was just because all the hot ladies were no longer under one roof...

Kyra Anderson said...

how'd you know i'd make some kind of comment about that?