Monday, February 28, 2011

I know myself pretty well I'd say...

Well...I knew it.

I had fun.

It was such a great afternoon at Camp Arnes. Once we got settled there, and all bundled up, Cody and I packed Charlie up in a carrier and headed out for a leisurely cross country ski. Leisurely...turns out we took the 'long' trail. Just shy of 3km's. Cody kept laughing at me as I tried to keep up with him. Turns out I am VERY dependent on the little tracks in the snow. Seemed like everytime those tracks disappeared, I was near to doing the splits. Somehow though I kept it together and only managed to fall 3 times...one of which was totally Cody's fault. Stopped in front of me while I was coming down a 'hill'...ok, a ditch. But still. First fall of the ski. The second and third were just my lack of skill...but it was all fun. And Cody was pretty patient with me the whole time. Stopping every now and then so I could catch up. Charlie loved it too! After that, we just hung out in the cabin thing and sat by a fire, visiting, while Charlie played with all the other little ones. It was a good day.

We are heading back out there on Wednesday for a night...hopefully we'll be able to do some more skiing. I actually quite enjoy it!

No comments: