Tuesday, February 22, 2011

i shall blog.

Well, given our financial state at times, the internet seemed an unlikely luxury. But thanks to Cody's "won't take no for an answer" attitude in dealing with MTS, we have a pretty sweet deal for the next 6 months.
So...I am back.
There has been many happenings since my last post...

An Update:
1. We have moved into our house. And I love it. It's not totally finished...but what needs to be finished are all those little things that nobody ever gets around to finishing once they have moved in. Like painting trim. Nobody likes to do that once they've moved in.

2. I watch my nephew 3 days a week still. Which I love. Him and Charlie have gotten pretty close and play really well together, which is fun to watch. I can see them growing up like brothers. It's pretty sweet. Gus always has some crazy things to say that are quite hilarious and make my day.

3. Charlie...good grief. That boy is super busy, into everything, has to do everything by himself, loves to read books (especially "if you give a mouse a cookie", which I can recite to you from memory if you'd like). He's a pretty easy going kid for the most part...he has his dramatic moments like anyone else. He's definitely at a fun age...I'm loving that I get to stay home with him so far. I would hate to be missing out on all this!

4. I'm pregnant. 15.5 weeks pregnant. So still quite a ways to go. I was quite sick with this one for the first 3 months, which was not enjoyable at all. I had two suggestions of food items that apparently help to curb morning/afternoon/evening/night sickness...milk chocolate and olives. I'll let you figure out which I opted for. Alas though, the sickness is gone and my belly is starting to grow. I'd say I'm past the awkward "is she getting fat?" stage and more into the "oh...a little baby bump!" stage. Which is nice. I had a lady I knew when I was younger hold her hand on my belly for a good 30 seconds, smiling and going "awwww"...it was a little weird. Anyways, I'm due August 13. I hope this baby comes early, because labor on my birthday sounds terrible. I think 2 weeks early would be nice. And maybe it will be a girl...afterall, I wasn't sick AT ALL with Charlie...

5. Not to get all depressing and stuff...but I've been thinking a lot lately about the baby Cody and I lost last summer. I would be coming up to my due date in 2 weeks now, and it seems to be on my mind a lot lately. I'm very thankful to be pregnant as this day approaches. I think it would have been a lot harder to cope with.

I hope I can keep up this blogging...so many things happen throughout the days that I'd love to be able to remember...

1 comment:

David Rae said...

I appreciate your return to blogging. I keep checking my list of people so I can see if they have posted anything because I feel it's like I'm catching up with them. And I've missed hearing from the Anderson clan. Good luck with the new kid on the way and with the one that is taking over the house. Once again, I'm sorry for your loss. I've known others who have lost their babies in this way and it's never easy. Take care.