Saturday, December 24, 2011

Do you know...

I've heard of this happening abroad...I personally have never encountered it...

Stranger: Where are you from?
You: Canada.
Stranger: Oh! Do you know (insert name)?

I didn't realize though that this also happens from within.

I just received a phone call.

Stranger: Hi. Is Mr. Philiped there?
Me: Sorry, you have the wrong number.
Stranger: Ok. Hey, I'm from ALBERTA. Do you know how I could get ahold of Philiped?
Me: Nope. Sorry. I have no idea who that is.
Stranger: Ok. Thanks anyways.

Within Canada...good grief.

But being as it's Christmas time...I will help:

Mr. Philiped, a guy in Alberta is trying to get ahold of you. Message me for his number.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. I have totally had that happen to me. The worst thing was that I actually knew the person they asked me about, reinforcing the stereotype that we all know each other. Rose

bria said...

Haha! I've had the 'oh, you're from winnipeg? do you know so-and-so?' happen so many times and there have been a handful of times where I've actually known the people. Funny.