Monday, February 4, 2008

oh my stars...

Yesterday's declaration of officially being stressed amounted to the most dramatic crash and burn session today. I cried for 4 HOURS this morning....STRAIGHT. I don't think I've cried 4 hours in total in my life...ok, maybe that's an exageration, but still. There was no end in sight...I cried while doing my laundry, I cried while brushing my teeth (not an easy task), I cried while attempting to read a book for school, I cried while I was on the phone...I feel like the only thing I accomplished today was lose 6 pounds of water weight. And frick do I ever feel exhausted now. My eyes feel so heavy. I feel better though. I'm learning to prioritize things: what can wait until later, how and where can I set aside some time for me to rejuvenate, what can I just totally delete from my schedule...(I got rid of both my Esso shifts this week, hopefully...I'm still waiting on the one). My mom told me that I need to run up and down the stairs 4-5 times if I'm feeling stressed. Seriously? Wouldn't I just be stressed with sore legs then? I don't know...
I do know that how I am doing physically, mentally, emotionally is all directly connected to how I am doing spiritually.
"Abide in me and I'll abide in you, but apart from me you can do nothing" - Jesus, in John 15:4.
I'm learning to cling to that.

2 comments:

mrsrichter said...

Dana, I'm so sorry you're so stressed out... but I think I speak for Shauna and myself when I say that running seriously does help me de-stress. infact, i too had a crazy stressful day, and when I started crying, I decided to run instead, i ran for 45 minutes and walked away relaxed. ya, my legs are a little sore, but i'm far less stressed.
in other news, since I too absolutely LOVE vanilla early gray tea mistos (who knew! we could've had such great tea dates!), I suggest asking your fiancee to bring one of those and a movie over and just cuddling for a couple hours... that always helps me too. ;)

Unknown said...

hows the recovery? oh and when you comin down here with your dude for a visitation?